Words of Encouragement

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the futre." Proverbs 31:25

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello!
So I am not really sure what to write about today. Maybe about what has been
floating through my head the last couple days.
I will start with my day at work.

So as you know I work at the hosptial...which I love. But today for some
 reason was just crazy...enough to make me hate the job almost.
That sounds bad but we were so incredibly understaffed today it was ridiculous. I wish I could make three of me. Anyway, I had a patient today that just about broke my heart. Without violating HIPPA here I will just say he was the sweetest old man I have every met...with Alzhiemers.
If you know anything about this disease, you will know it is debilitating and deadly.

He asked for a hug today.

I almost burst into tears.

Safe to say I don't know if I could work in a nursing home, or with Alzhiemers patients when I become a nurse. I don't think I could handle it.
Just knowing that your mind is gone and you can't even remember your own daughter...or son...or even your own name possibly. 

That's what I was going to lead into for my second thought.
I feel so incredibly lucky for the things I have.
I can walk
I can talk
I am so healthy its insane
I know who my family is and know that they love me so much
I know that the Lord is there and He never fails me

I couldn't imagine if I couldn't remember my sister, dad, the Lord.


So I shall leave you with this.
Take each day and THANK the Lord that you are alive, healthy, and well physically and mentally.
If I have learned one thing the short time I have worked in the healthcare field, it is to cherish the moments God has given me.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you have such a huge heart! I'm glad you found your passion in life and it turned out to be nursing. You will look like a total babe in scrubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    You have such a beautiful heart!! What a wonderful nurse you will make.

    Your blog is just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete